View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-05, 11:05

We had stock in Apple right up until last Friday morning. With the huge spike on Thursday afternoon and the huge (again) spike in after hours and pre-trade, I felt certain it would take the normal Friday morning drop for the weekend. I sold at market open to take advantage of that and sure enough, it fell right out of the gates.

And then it sky-rocketed!

We originally bought in at 356. Sold at 380. Bought back in at 363 and then sold at 407. The stock was still dropping an hour after opening, but then it got famous for some reason ( ). I feel dumb about that last sale. Now it's setting at $440-ish. Didn't lose anything, but left a lot on the table. So it goes.

As of right now, it isn't looking good for getting that split under $100. The stock is going to have to take a pretty dramatic tumble between now and the 24th. But the split is well timed for me since I want to get back in before the fall iPhone cycle.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)