View Single Post
Anonymous Coward

2020-08-28, 02:19

I must add that I was incorrect about the California governor. While helping my aunt with automobile and computer stuff, she mentioned that the governor has a daily briefing that she watches. (Although, when she tried to find it, there did not seem to be a briefing today.) What is curious is that supposedly it is broadcast on the FOX affiliate, and I thought that (at least around this area) FOX is considered to be the Republican mouthpiece not to be trusted. I always used to listen mainly to the CBS radio affiliate (Walter Cronkite and all that) and their website doesn't say anything about daily briefings. But if it is true about frequent communications, then the situation is much worse since it seems he is being ignored. The San Francisco Bay Area was one of the first to mandate a "shelter-in-place" and seemed on the way to getting control of the situation, but since then, California has risen to the highest case load, keeping ahead of Texas and Florida. And we are still relaxing restrictions. But, I would not be surprised if Governor Newsom is not eventually a Democratic presidential candidate, joining his former District Attorney as mayor and Attorney General as governor (Kamala Harris).

I just checked the local FOX website, and it does not mention anything about daily briefings, so I guess it is only on the television. I rarely watch broadcast television, and never in the middle of the day, and wonder how well known such briefings are.

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2020-08-28 at 02:29. Reason: Added info