View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-11, 09:32

I walked down the screw isle and was overwhelmed. Holy crap there are about a gazillion options!

I have a 25lbs bucket of drywall screws that I was planning to use. They suck and I shouldn't use them, plus there are only 1 5/8" long. Do you have a recommended screw? Lowe's preferably since it is likely where I'm going to buy my supplies from.

For the adhesive between the joists and plywood, do you have a preferred brand? I used Loctite PL Premium for the dance floor and it seems fine. I guess what I'm really wondering is am I after silicone adhesive to soften the contact or adhesive to bond it?

Edit: BTW, this is the flooring it is covering. I know I'm likely to have a little challenge where the slate isn't level. That lack of smooth level is one of the reasons I want to raise my floor and replace the existing flooring. I'm just going to build right over the top of this flooring.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2020-09-11 at 09:48. Reason: Added pic of existing floor.