View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-14, 08:39

Yeah, this garage really does have a full basement under it. There is an I beam down there that you would normally see under a bridge. It is positively massive.

The level is a little concern for me given that slope you mentioned on top of the uneven design of this flooring. I'm thinking/hoping that the couple we bought it from took care of that when they put the slate down on the floor in here, but I bought four packs of shims to help as needed. I'm also planning to layout the joists to check for level before I start nailing them. I thought about ripping up the slate, but it doesn't seem worth the effort when as it is I'll align almost perfectly with the main floor's floor.

Yesterday I ordered the lumber and got most of the supplies I needed. I even bought a nailer and 4000 3" framing nails. It was only $5 more than the 2000 I was going to buy. I had a coupon from Home Depot and Lowe's went ahead and matched it for 15% off. Only one item (special order) wasn't discounted. Better than having to shop at Home Depot. The one here has such horrible customer service. The delivery is set for the 28th though. I don't have a vehicle that can carry 11 3/4" T&G plywood and I'm good with having them deliver it.

As long as I can get this floor done for under $6000 I'll be happy. That is the first quote from the contractor before he forgot that number and said it was $6800.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.