View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-23, 13:22

Different company/app, I know, but it still may be of interest to some reading this thread: Pixelmator Pro 2.3 Adds Smart Subject Selection and Background Removal Features, Plus New Select and Mask Tools.

I used Pixelmator for quite a few years (probably 6-8?) until I knew of the Serif Affinity stuff.

Good software too, and I'd still be on it if not for this other. They have a vector drawing component kinda folded into the app (at least the non-Pro version I used years ago). It may be a perfectly suitable solution for many out there...one app to do both.

It's currently a $19.99 purchase (half off) from the Mac App Store (requires macOS 15 Catalina or later). Has a solid 5-out-of-5 star rating.

NOTE: I don't do enough photo/pixel-based work to have any real thoughts on the Pixelmator vs. Affinity Photo thing. My leanings to Serif Affinity is based solely on the vector side of things, as I found Affinity Designer to be a bit more robust and "there" than the included vector stuff in the older non-Pro Pixelmator I was using. YMMV. I've never used Pixelmator Pro.