View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-01, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Somewhere in all this is a bitchin’ timeline infographic that puts all the above jibber-jabber into a attractive, easily-digested visual.
Did you think I wouldn't?!

Not ideal, and not as fancy as I'd like (I wanted to do a cool timeline graphic like you often see on Wikipedia), but it's been a nutty day...in the space of 11 hours I assembled a catalog and helped put a new roof on a pool pump shed..half the day in front of a MacBook, the other half on a 10-foot ladder.

In any case, just putting in graphic form the stuff I talk about above. I actually think the pattern/precedent kinda established by the iPhone SE is interesting and fun/easy to work off of

In a nutshell:

- A model comes out in the spring time, using the body/design of the flagship phone from two cycles earlier, but using the processor of the then-current flagship

- I didn't realize this until tonight, but if history/precedent remains, and my ideas/predictions for a 2024 iPhone SE (based on the current 5.4" iPhone 13 mini), that shakes out to the display increasing in size by .7" every four years: 4" > 4.7" > 5.4"

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I can dig it!

- Do note, as the bottom of the graphic states, that all three models are drawn to scale to one another. I drew each simplified model, side by side, at its real-life dimensions (provided by apple.com or MacTracker) and then scaled them down as a group as needed. But those teal screen areas are in relation to each other.

I just like how everything is based on a nice "four"...four years between major updates, using body designs that are four years apart, etc. This is one of those product lines that almost creates/organizes itself...all Apple has to do, every four years, is reach back in time for a three-year-old body design, but give it the same processor as the flagship iPhones sported in spring of 2016, 2020 and (hopefully) 2024. It should be the most no-brainer iPhone they sell.

The third column, I used plenty of question marks to make clear I'm speculating/wishing for those things. As always, about nearly everything, I know nothing.