Thread: iPad Pro 2021
View Single Post
JohnnyTheA

2022-01-01, 21:03

Hi folks,

I have not posted here in a long time but have some questions about the biggie Ipad.

I spent years and years using my various macbooks or macbook pros for home use. I work in software / software engineering and have multiple high end multi-monitor PCs at work. When I get home I like the simpler Apple interface. Lately, I have been using JUST an Ipad when at home. I play casual games, watch videos, go to websites, that sort of stuff. As long as I don’t have to type long paragraphs, it is excellent except for one annoying issue.

Apps will sometimes reset if you minimize them. Something as simple as being on a websiite and wanting to temporarily bring up a calculator app to calculate something I will need to input in a form on the website sometimes results in Safari resetting the session and forcing me to logon again when i go back to Safari. The same happens with other apps. Rebooting and keeping the number of open apps to a minimum help but it is clear that my base ipad 6th gen just does not handle multiple apps nearly as well as a real Mac, a real PC…. Have you guys had this issue?

Now, one other issue has crept up. I am 55 now and it is difficult to real things on the small ipad screen. I am thinking of getting the big 12.9 inch ipad to help. My question is: will the increased RAM and more processors in the 12.9 inch ipad pro help with my apps resetting? If so, i want to get one. Does the new one with the M1 processor make a difference? It lookslike Apple, right now, has not really taken advantage this chip in their ipads…

JTA…