View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-03, 08:33

Oh my gosh, get over yourself, Steve Jobs.

I mean, whoop-di-do...a 60GB iPod is coming. Really? We NEVER would've guessed that. I mean, I thought they were going to go DOWN in size, and the next models would be 2, 7 and 18GB.

Yeah, Toshiba shouldn't be saying anything beyond "we have a new 60GB 1.8" hard drive coming...". Mentioning "Apple has bought a bunch" was cheesy on their part, but hardly the end of the world and isn't exactly giving away some huge secret that we had no idea about.

iPod capacities are, most likely, going to continue INCREASING, right? So I don't think anyone in the entire world is somehow shocked, overjoyed, dismayed, elated, etc. at this news. Doesn't change anything, one way or the other.

Apple can be a LITTLE pissy about this, but if they go and tell Toshiba to "fuck off" and then a year from now, they have trouble keeping up with iPod demand, well...

Yeah, Toshiba kinda stepped in it by mentioning Apple. But it didn't exactly give away the existence of a dual G6 iBook or 48" Drive-In Display. I mean, isn't nearly everyone in the entire clue-having world expecting a 60GB iPod by year's end, just going by history and doing the math?

I'm betting Jobs is one of those bosses - like mine - who just likes to throw a hissyfit any time he can because he knows, deep down, no one can say or do anything about it (other than a group of us giggling behind his back, at lunch, at what a wound-up, hyper-dramatic dick he is).

I'd almost take a job at Apple just to be in the position to say "Dude, shut up and take a pill, for crying out loud. You big sissy." It would be worth the firing because they'd probably write a big profile on me in Wired or Time "The Man Who Called Steve an iBaby"), and I'd be elevated to Mythical Legend status at Mac message boards worldwide.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-06-03 at 08:41.