View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-04-14, 13:40

uh. before i wasn't being an ass, now i will be: turtle, your proposed experiment is a bit daft... actually it is more than a bit daft...

of course a pristine chunk wouldn't give me an fps drop, because my computer wouldn't have anything complex to render. the server isn't rendering the chunks, but perhaps you don't understand that. the only way it would be connected to server performance is if the chunk was getting updated a ton and that those updates were being served back and forth. it isn't. the chunk is not dynamic (ie it is not changing). the poor server performance and the error message associated with it has to be due to chunks that are remaining loaded, and are constantly updating. find those, and you find your culprit.

As for my FPS drop, other's have confirmed it is a local issue related to optifine and the complexity of the graphics rendering (there are many exposed faces and transparent blocks, so it isn't all that surprising), so really, turtle, stop trying to foist the server problems on my little part of the world...