Thread: Airpods Pro
View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-11-06, 09:11

Got them on day 1. I just popped into the Apple Store sure they wouldn't have any but they did. I bought them on a whim with the expectation that I'd return them.

I still have them. They are awesome. They stay put, sound good and ANC/transparency mode are game changers for me. Transparency mode means I can wear them while cycling outside. Usually wearing any headphones while riding outside is a terrible idea but you can hear perfectly with these. "Hey Siri" works well while riding except at high speeds when the wind noise makes it hard for the mic to pick you up well.

I also did 90 minutes on my Peloton yesterday. They stayed put and seemed no worse for the wear when I got really sweaty.

Most importantly, they sound as good as any IEMs I've owned aside from the crazy expensive Campfire Audio Andromedas.

The only downside so far is that "hey Siri" isn't restricted to your voice. My son was "hey Siri'ing" our homepod yesterday while I was in the kitchen and the AirPods picked it up. My phone and iPad don't.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.