View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-06-17, 00:05

That Dell is a TN monitor. My brother got a Westinghouse 22" over a year ago for $70 less than that Dell costs today. It's also a TN monitor. If you're considering a TN (which you pretty much have to do if you're looking at <$300 monitors), you may as well go for something cheaper. Go to NewEgg and look at the monitors that have lots and lots of ratings and a 4- or 5-egg score.

Here's one: Acer 22". It's $230 shipped and it's basically the same as the Dell.

TN monitors don't have the best quality or color correctness, but they're not as bad as many people make them out to be. They're fine if you're just using them for your computer and viewing them straight on, because they don't have the best viewing angles. Also, they're actually better for gaming - they have faster response times.

Besides, for your price range, I doubt you have much of a choice. A non-TN LCD is going to cost you at least $500 regardless of size, and I'm not even sure if there are any below 24". Any 20-22" non-TN monitor is going to cost almost as much as a 24" non-TN one anyway.