Thread: Wwdc 2018
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2018-06-08, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
In fact, if they had new hardware ready to release about now, I would expect them to milk it more with a special event just for that.
Eh. They had John Ternus up at WWDC 2017 to show Kaby Lake MacBook Pros less than a year after the Skylake ones. Which was pretty unnecessary, since it was pretty much just a speedbump. Maybe it was filler; maybe it was an opportunity to show that Ternus is the new Mac hardware head; maybe it was a way to emphasize that MacBook Pro updates will be more frequent again.

Which I guess they won't be? They need to bring it to Coffee Lake pretty soon if they don't want to leave the impression that they've gotten bored again.

Not complaining about dub-dub, mind you; it wasn't all the things I wanted, but it was plenty of good stuff. Just worried that we won't see Mac hardware changes until October: September will already be packed with the iPhone and Watch, and possibly the iPad, and before that would be unusual scheduling for Apple.