Thread: 2018 iPhones
View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2018-09-16, 05:09

I'm leaning iPhone XR@128gigs for $799. I've used about half that amount on my iPhone 7@128. At this stage I'm starting to spend more time deleting apps than adding them. I'm starting to slim down the use on my phone to fewer things that waste less time. I'm a bit worried about the all glass phone and I'm hoping repairs on any problems occurring with this phone would be more reasonable than they were reported for the iPhone X (and I'm presuming that trend would continue with the XS, etc.)

I'm willing to try FaceID now that it has been out for a year and round 2 will be a bit faster. (I did the same with Touch ID back in the day.) I'm going to presume the LCD won't have the color shifting or burn-in potential that the more expensive OLED displays have as a concern. It's the only phone with a 128 gig option for $50 which is my sweet spot both in use and in cost. It has about 95% of the top end features for about 70-75% of the cost.

Finally I don't even really need a new phone but the kiddo is stuck on an iPhone 6 and so time to pass on mine and he gets the upgrade an upgrade as well.