View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-13, 20:37

My neighbors behind me got a new puppy over the weekend. I've not seen it up close but it barks non-stop. This is, from all I've seen and observed the past six or months, a fairly low-rent bunch of people, kinda rough-and-tumble and quite a few of them too, from what I can tell...the kind of people who'd probably want to get all mouthy (or even physical) if I went over to talk to them about it (just judging on how I see and hear them carry on in their yard (which meets mind and I can hear/see them in their backyard/deck from my bathroom and living room window). They're not Chester and Buffy Livingston Cranthorpe III, in other words, who I feel like I could go over and have a civil, reasonable conversation with...

I don't want the cute puppy punished or done away with, but hell...I've gotta sleep, you know? This just strikes me - just like those who cruise down my street at 1:30am with their stereos and bass rattling my windows - as so mindless and inconsiderate. I'm constantly coming across these kind of people in my life, it seems...the noisemakers, line-breakers, tailgaters, theater talkers, etc.

Who buys a dog, throws him in the backyard and just lets him bark all damn night? Does this go away? Does the dog eventually learn to cut it out? And, if so, how long are we looking at?

It's been three nights. I'm being patient and, so far, staying put.

What do I do?

There are kids involved, so I'm not looking to have their puppy taken away or anything like that.

But it's not fair that I have to lie here half the night, kept awake by his constant barking and yelping (what is he barking at for five hours straight anyway?) Is he wanting inside their house? I think he's an outside puppy.