View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2013-01-30, 15:22

Yeah, that is another weird thing about this release. The hatred. I mean, I'm pretty used to Apple getting a lot of nerd-rage levied against it, but over on The Verge, for instance, within a couple of hours of them posting about the thing there was over 500 angry comments about it, and it was almost entirely raging about the price and how much of a 'rip off' it was or whatever.

It's kind of insane how off-the-hinges and irrational that sort of mentality is, whatever happened to just, I dunno, ignoring it? I mean, even Apple basically ignored it, it barely even registered on their site as a new thing, because it is such a minor detail. You suddenly have people viciously arguing that the iPad is a toy, that no 'serious professional' would ever use it, that 128gb isn't even a lot of storage to begin with etc. It's like... really? 2013 and people are still saying that crap?

But on top of that all, as BU points out, it is just an 'extreme' option for people who need it, nothing more, nothing less. Apple regularly gets criticised for not having 'high end' options on things at times or not providing enough choices, and here's an instance where they go ahead and say "here it is, most people probably won't want or need this, but for those who do, here it is". and it's World War 3 all of a sudden.

But of course "Apple Fanboys" are the crazy ones :/