View Single Post
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2005-12-20, 12:59

Sorry to hear that Luca, but at least you're okay.

In August I was also a victim of random violence. Was waiting at a bus station with two friends when four chavs, probably late-twenties, came over and asked, in a fake foreign accent, where they could get a taxi. I wasn't in the mood for fooling around so I simply told them where the nearest taxi stand was and left it at that. But the biggest guy insisted on coming right up to me and repeatedly asking, "what's your problem man?" (in his stupid fake accent). I couldn't resist politely suggesting that if anyone had a problem it was him, then turned around to my friends again. Ten minutes later I woke up in an ambulance with my face and clothes covered in blood. Apparently the guy had attacked me in a frenzy and I was knocked out when I hit the ground. Needed eight stitches in my lip and forehead, including the inside of the lip (ouch!), though thankfully the surgeon did such a good job that the scars have almost disappeared.

The chavs scattered in four different directions the moment I went out, and I didn't remember their faces (they're all the same, aren't they?) well enough to give a meaningful description to the police. So nobody was ever prosecuted. Annoying, but that's life. I would like to think that if I had had the opportunity to attack in return, I would have restrained myself. Reacting in kind is extremely immature and only shows that you are no more than their moral equal.