View Single Post
Freewell

2007-01-25, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
- I have to sit in a restaurant facing the door (or the main part of the place). It drives me crazy to have my back to a huge room where I can't see what's going on, or can't keep an eye on the door. Everyone who knows me, everytime we go to dinner somewhere, they always grab the chair or the side of the booth that leaves the other one open for me to "scope out the joint", and make some little friendly jab ("Okay, Al Capone...make sure you can see everything").
I am actually big on knowing my surroundings as well, but not quite to this level. It is actually good that you are alert like that. So many people are totally oblivious to who and what is going on around them. You'd make a great witness in the event that anything ever did transpire.

Quote:
- I don't like hot food, and will often eat chili and soup straight from the can, cold, with a spoon. This one freaks my Dad out big time. And I like my chicken, pasta, popcorn and pizza all cold and one-day old (like sitting in the fridge overnight).
My husband eats cold food like this, and yes it drives me nuts! But, having taken a vow against naggery, I either look the other way, grin and have a little fun ("Can I thaw that out for you, Sweetie?" or like editorial input) or just make sure that I serve him a nice hot meal before he gets the chance to grab any of the cooled cuisine!

Quote:
- I always round my credit card restaurant bill up to an even, whole number. Whatever the final bill is, I'll make the cents on the tip portion in such a way that it comes to a round (is that the word?) number. Example: bill is $16.69. I'll tip $3.31 (or whatever, based on service, etc.) so it's $20 I'm putting on the card. I can't stand for my statement to be all sorts of weirdo numbers ($17.11, $22.43, etc...at least not when I can control it; no, I don't do this at a store, only at restaurants where I can work the tip to make it come out).
I used to do this all the time! Restaurants, gas stations, you name it... But, just like my steadfast habit of getting up and going the first second the alarm clock went off, my husband has 'cured' me of both!

Quote:
Holy smokes...when I sit and write it all out, it's obvious that I have a few issues.

Actually, we all do... Isn't it refreshing?!