View Single Post
murbot
Hoonigan

2007-01-25, 11:31

I guess there are a few things I do that could be considered weird. (heh heh) Of course I'll only share the ones that won't permanently scar your minds for having read them. In no particular order:

Anything I'm drinking out of has to be perfectly facing me. I'll spend 20 seconds if I have to, lining up the glass so that the label is exactly centered and facing me. If I glance over and notice the space on the left side of the label is a little bigger than the space on the right, I'll carefully fix it. Of course with beer bottles, by the time I have it lined up just right it's time for another drink, so it's kind of an on-going battle. I have no idea why I do this. I do it with most things, actually. Sometimes my wife will ask me what the hell I'm doing and I'll realize I've spent the last minute trying to make sure the fucking ketchup bottle is sitting the right way.

When I make Kraft Dinner, I curse the cheap bastards who fill the cheese powder packets, the fuckers. I make sure I buy this devil food really cheap so that I can make the stuff with adequate cheesiness. I always steal a packet out of a second box and add half of it to the one I'm making. I end up throwing out a few boxes from a case. Damn them for making me waste.

The toilet paper roll in my bathroom HAS to have the paper rolling to the back. If it's not I'll change it immediately. If I accidently put it on the wrong way though, I have to keep it that way until it's used up or I'll have bad luck all day. Every time I go in for a shit I'm reminded of my stupidity and I vow to never again be a dirty front-rolling sonofabitch.

I have to read when I'm having a crap. If my Flying Spaghetti Monster book or Maxim mags aren't around, I'll grab a shampoo bottle from the shower before I sit down. I'm serious.

Beer has to have sat at least 5 minutes in my freezer before I will drink it. It has to be ice cold. Actually most drinks are like this... they have to be either freezing cold or hot as fuck. Coffee and tea have to be scolding or I hate them. When I make strong tea, and the steeping time has made it cool down too much, I'll pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds.

Actually, same with food. Pretty much every night with supper I help get the kid's plates made up, then mine, and I always pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds before eating it. I will not tolerate mere warmness! I demand tongue searing heat!

I am addicted to caller ID. If the thing screws up and I can't see who is calling I'll let it go to voice mail rather than chance a call I don't want to take.

Oh, and on that note, I don't answer my front door. Ever. My parents visited last summer and thought that was the weirdest thing. We have a front door with areas in the glass so you can see out... I'll go to the hallway and look, and if I don't recognize the person I don't answer the door. I don't give a shit if they looked in and saw me standing there. 9 times out of 10 it's someone looking for money or trying to give me a Jehovah pamphlet so they can kiss my ass for all I care, the bastards.

That's all I came up with off the top of my head.