View Single Post
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2007-01-25, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
- I always round my credit card restaurant bill up to an even, whole number. Whatever the final bill is, I'll make the cents on the tip portion in such a way that it comes to a round (is that the word?) number. Example: bill is $16.69. I'll tip $3.31 (or whatever, based on service, etc.) so it's $20 I'm putting on the card. I can't stand for my statement to be all sorts of weirdo numbers ($17.11, $22.43, etc...at least not when I can control it; no, I don't do this at a store, only at restaurants where I can work the tip to make it come out).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewell View Post
I used to do this all the time! Restaurants, gas stations, you name it... But, just like my steadfast habit of getting up and going the first second the alarm clock went off, my husband has 'cured' me of both!
And you both just earned the undying hatred from all the food service employees that have ever served you. Imagine how they feel when they tip out at night and get $2.67 instead of an even $3. This leads to busboy abuse where the servers dump all of their loose change into *his* tip envelopes instead of giving nice crisp bills.

Damn 16 year old memories. Die you stupid pennies, die. Crap, just fell into the animist trap.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.