Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-17, 17:55

That's a huge part of it. Where I live, the outer suburbs of Chattanooga, far from all the bus lines, taxies, trolleys, etc. of downtown, you're in a car to get anywhere. I can certainly walk or bike, but I'm not going to carry 5-6 bags of groceries for two miles, up and down hilly neighborhoods, most with with no dedicated sidewalk, let's be reasonable.

So, yeah...I'm not in my car a ton (and when I am it's hyper-local, darting here and there, 2-12 miles, roundtrip, for the most part. And maybe 1-2 times a week a trip of 15-30 miles roundtrip. But during those times, it automatically goes over to Do Not Disturb and I'm religious about not screwing with my phone while driving, so yeah...conveniently enough, it's never touched in the one place/scenario that I have only LTE/cellular connectivity.

Due to all that, the situation kinda solves itself. I'm only away from wifi while driving. And, while driving, I do not touch/use my phone. As a result, I really don't even have to try to stay (well) under that 300MB.

Off-topic (click to toggle):
My friends and other relatives freak when they hear what my data plan is (they've all got at least 1GB and most have more, or unlimited even), but that just tells me they're either a) overpaying for data they likely never really use, or b) way too damn attached to their iPhones (and, sadly, likely using them while driving). My sister and I go around and around about this, and I'm so afraid it's going to bite her one day.

"You have never sent or read a text, or posted one thing on Facebook, worth running off the road, T-boning another vehicle or wrapping yourself around a phone pole. Will you please reconsider this and stop doing it? For our mom's sake, and for your two kids?"

That conversation never goes the way I hope...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-17 at 18:17.