View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2014-03-07, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
I was never a real Radiohead guy beyond a few popular songs I liked on OK Computer. I just realized I've never even heard anything off The Bends. I just got ready to listen to it now, but decided I'll treat it a little more special. I'll pour a nice whiskey tonight, sit down in a comfortable chair, throw the cans on, and absorb it properly.

I figure if a song is worth listening to 20 years later, it deserves more than a quick listen while I surf for boobs at work.
I've been a huge Radiohead fan since my junior year of high school so I'm slightly biased. But I will buy anything from them without hearing it or reading a word about it. They're probably the one musical act I can say that about.

I have legacy/nostagic performers that I've liked for as long but none that I would immediately buy. I would spend a couple hundred bucks on a ticket to see them live if they'd eve fucking tour in the southeast. I saw them once in Stone Mtn, Ga of all places. But they haven't been anywhere within 4 hours of me since.

Edit: if I'm honest about radiohead's music though, they really changed character from Ok Computer on. The Bends is good but it's much more rock and roll than their later stuff.

If you're going to put some headphones on, do it with ok computer. Or Kid A. Or Amnesiac.

Last edited by torifile : 2014-03-07 at 23:03.