View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-04-28, 18:21

Seriously, though. The above post actually happened. Somebody really did name their WiFi network "WhoIsTheKing," and my first joking guess got me full access to what I believe is the WiFi network of a business. With customers. If I was a devil instead of a perfect little angel, who knows what information I could have divined?

So. If the above is you, you owe it to yourself to change your password. While a nonsensical blend of letters and numbers will always be the most secure option, if you insist on broadcasting your faith in the most literal sense of the term, here are some quick-and-Holy options that will at least keep the bored twentysomethings with Nintendo DSes out:

Chapter and verse. Instead of simply "jesus," why not use the reference for your favorite Bible verse? Not only does this guarantee you'll have letters and numbers in your password, but also the books of the Bible are often obscure words that aren't found in all dictionaries, like "Galatians."

Write it like Pilate. "JESVS" is harder to guess, and not in the dictionary. Thumbs up!

Speaketh in Leet. "j35u5" is the Savior for Web 2.0. Secure!

Christ, just add "christ." And maybe make up a middle initial for Him, that only you know. Secure, and faith-affirming.

There you have it -- all the tools you need to securify your web for you and your nucular family. Remember - when putting on the Armor of God, don't forget to protect your network, too!

But I'm preaching to the choir, here.

WHY YES THIS WAS JUST AN EXCUSE TO MAKE ALL THOSE PUNS

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong