Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-05-07, 15:30

Been a while since this thread has been active. Nice ride murbot!

BF and I almooooost bought a Nissan Juke (I like the styling, fuck you) but this spring BMW had a crazy good lease promotion on their "sport activity vehicles," so we're leasing an X1. I've always liked the X1 a lot—it's dated in all the right ways, with its smaller size and hydraulic power steering. It looks a bit more grown-up than the Juke, so naturally I insisted on getting it in bright orange

So now we're rich douches. (I'm already getting used to saying "It's a lease!" to incredulous family. "It costs less than your Accord!") We take delivery this month.

It's crazy how the small SUV space has just exploded in the last few years. I see so many Buick Encores, and it seems like there's a new Jeep Renegade or Fiat 500X introduced every other week. The X1 rides lower than any of those—it's more of a wagon that's just pretending to be an SUV, which is fine by me The new X1 is going to be FWD (sacrilege!) so I'm glad we were able to get in on this one.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong