Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
addabox
Veteran Member

2015-05-07, 17:47

I will add that after my traumatic experience with my 2001 Jetta Wagon simply exploding into uselessness at around 90k miles, I just wasn't ready to face up to the Germans again and bought a Mazda CX-5. I would have preferred a wagon, but they're either very expensive, German, or both. The Mazda is fine, fun even, but it is manifestly a less polished car than the Jetta. More road noise, more stuff just sort of unattended to (for instance, the stops at the steering wheel limits just sort of thud, the interior light programing isn't as well thought out, etc) But I'm happy to trade the cosmetic fit and finish for what is purported to be a very reliable car with very low maintenance costs. That fucking Jetta cost me an arm and leg just to keep it driving after 60k miles, and it rewards me with unceremonious suicide. The VW group will have to prove it to me before I go there again. BMW? I could see picking up a used wagon (I seriously need the cargo space) after I'm done with the Mazda, if research indicates that I can get one that doesn't cost me another $5,000 the minute a fail to tell it a bedtime story.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated