View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-05-29, 21:37

I sensed a great disturbance in the force… as if several voices spoke up about Minecraft… and asked for… a trim and an upgrade.

Sorry, even at hyperspeed information takes a while to cross the galaxy.

Soooooo… did I miss anything yet? I'm afraid I haven't been on the server in ages, but I'd be happy to step in for a little while for some belated spring cleaning.

I remember trying out one of the weekly 1.14 builds in single-player many months ago, maybe over the Christmas-New Year's time frame. The new bits and bobs seemed pretty nifty, and not everything was quite there yet! I think I could pencil in some time over the upcoming week to sort through any world trimmings, server updates, seed changes, etc. if we wanted to jump in on things.

And, yes, I too played a bit with the new data pack format when I was trying out the 1.14 weeklies, and IIRC it's pretty straightforward to add some custom recipes to the server. Back when I was trying it out, I could only successfully define and load recipes for a certain subset of things (I don't recall which), but hopefully by now that's been expanded to most if not all items. Market replacement indeed! Finally maybe we could craft saddles, horse armors, and elytra, oh my!

As for biomes, arteggio, as long as a chunk doesn't get wiped, its biome data should be permanently baked into it. That means that wherever we defined the winter wonderland before should remain across any upgrades and seed changes. Of course, if it were to be trimmed away, all bets are off because it would get completely regenerated and replaced by whatever seed we would choose.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.