Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-25, 17:44

Have y’all seen the interior of the Taycan? That’s…a lot of screens! I’m intrigued by the built-in Apple Music streaming, though. I hope that makes it into more vehicles.

It’s such an exciting time in the car world. After years of treating electric cars as a niche “experiment” Audi and Mercedes and the like are all coming out with their real Tesla fighters. Meanwhile, Tesla is getting ready to launch what will surely be their most popular model, the Model Y.

We love our 500e and honestly I can’t wait to be able to be a two-EV household. Part of me wishes we got an i3 when it was time to end our last lease. Two record-breaking summers later, I feel increasingly guilty whenever I drive the X2. But we were trying to buy a house, and we didn’t want our payments to go up, and they had a good lease offer on the X2, and we didn’t know how long our commutes would end up being…but these all kind of feel like excuses, don’t they?

We’re not going to be able to afford a Taycan any time soon, but I’m very interested in both the Model Y and the iX3. It seems like the iX3 is going to be cheaper than the e-tron and EQC? At least, I hope it is.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong