View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-14, 15:31

The Wonder Woman thing is interesting, to me, not because of Wonder Woman, but the likability/innocence/goodness of the character when she isn't in crimefighting mode. Honestly, I'd watch a two-hour movie of Gal Gadot just being Diana ("a babyyyyy!" ). The Wonder Woman parts were just icing on the cake, IMO.

That's typically opposite of most superhero movies, where you're wanting them to quit being the boring alter ego, put on the cape and go to town. I think that was the key/secret ingredient (very similar, IMO, to Steve Rogers; even out of his uniform/shield, Chris Evans played that character perfectly for all those movies). He was the only one on the bunch who I truly really rooted for and liked, and it's only right that he was the one "worthy" enough to lift/use that hammer when it counted.

If they don't screw it up, they've got a great combo of actress/character that they can probably get another 2-3 movies out of, and make a nice chunk of change, in the process. The fact that she's immortal/ageless gives them a nice sandbox to play in. That first movie was set during WWI, this upcoming sequel is set in 1984 (what isn't these days...I'm just about to be 80's-ed out ). Why not a cool 1959-1961 Sputnik/Mad Men type of setting, a full-on set-in-70's adventure, late 30's or WWII tale (think The Rocketeer) or even present day? There are plenty of people/groups out there in 2020 just begging for a righteous, well-deserved ass-beating/comeuppance that I'd love to see delivered by her.