Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-26, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
What could a player like bobsky possibly want with slimeballs? He doesn't need to buy anything.
Nether materials.

Quote:
You just really want that red and black wool, don't you.
I find acquiring red dye to be the biggest PITA in the game. Once flowers are gone, they're gone, and the only way to find them is to just keep going away from the spawn. And I don't want to expand the world just to find some damn dye. To add insult to injury, there are pretty red flowers EVERYWHERE which, don't get me wrong, I love the aesthetic, but every time I see that rose patch at the spawn I think "ROSES, Y U NO RENEWABLE?"

I have all this blue dye and no red dye. I have no obvious means to convert one to the other. This makes me

Quote:
What it sounds like we maybe could use is maybe a message board in town, or some sort of electronic message board, where people could post things like "Will trade for lapis. -werejack" and then people with lapis who needed other things could check the werecave and see if I had what they needed. I think the main problem is just knowing who is looking for what, not the fact that it's too hard to both be online at the same time. (And a trading thread here wouldn't even require that. I wouldn't have to be online for you to put blue dye in my dyes box and take out the red wool, or whatever.)
There are lots of ways to make trading like this more efficient, but "hey you have wool for sale, let me leave you some money" is by far the most efficient. Whether or not we implement currency, I still plan on building some sort of trading/auction house in the coming months so everyone's surpluses can be on display.

Maybe 709 and I should just make our own economy. With blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the economy!

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2011-04-26 at 16:14.