Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-26, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
I was just about to come amend my ideas when Kraetos beat me to the same concept. [...] Once Brad grants us slimeballs, that is all we ever get from him. We do not get more slimeballs unless we kill our own slimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Arteggio: nailed it.

Infuse two inventories' worth of slimeballs (72 stacks, about 4000 total, 4-5 stacks per player) into the game via post office and then let it roll. Brad can redistribute slimeballs from the General Store's coffers as he sees fit. Maybe he gives them away, maybe they're grants, maybe they're awards for public works or cool projects.
It would seem you two aren't quite talking about the "same concept" at all.

arteggio, your use case scenario with the dirt and the diamonds is a nice story of a mutually beneficial trade, but I'm not sure what part of it requires a currency. Couldn't you just trade the dirt chest for the diamonds?

I don't think there's enough different items in Minecraft for currency to really be needed. The diamonds you'd get from bobsky would be identical to the ones at Bradmart. It's not like you can choose cut, color, and clarity. There's only a handful of really valuable blocks and trading for those will only get easier as more people join.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong