View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-03-29, 10:34

It's true.
I've hit that age where I want people to lead me through things.
When I'm motivated to do something I do it, when I'm vaguely curious I want to be spoon-fed, so I will clearly apologize for that.

I suppose part of it is that I have SO many different things happening elsewhere that I can't keep track of all of this business. That's why I was asking for clearer instructions in a different discussion we had several weeks back. Searching through the forums to find instructions taxes my patience and I often just say "screw it" because it's not clearly expressed in step-by-step instructions that are easy to locate (edit: this thread is 14 pages long, which in itself is enough to make me go watch episodes of Gilligan's Island instead).

Wikis can be nice in this regard, but even those aren't great.

Dellphi laughingly accuses me of trolling, but at least half of those trolls are serious... just like now. I can't REMEMBER *all* the various worlds we've had, or the various voodoos we've had to do to make our clients work (and we HAVE had to do some voodoo from time to time).

More than anything I don't want to break my current working installation, so that's where I was when I plugged into this conversation.

Hope this explains things a bit, and sorry if I'm an annoyance due to this - it's just the way it is.

I'm aware that Owen's not the *only* annoying kid on MC

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter