View Single Post
Satchmo
can't read sarcasm.

2007-08-22, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post

I tend to take the long view about these things. If it didn't work out in this case, better now than in five years when a messy and even more traumatic divorce might have been on the cards. Best to move on, recover your energies for a while, then try again with someone new. Think of all the good things you shared with her, what she taught you that you might never otherwise have learned. Keep the photos to aid that memory. Allow it to be beautiful and bittersweet, and you'll naturally move on in the right frame of mind.
Well said, Dorian.
I want to express my best wishes to MB as well. If it's any consolation, I just broke up with mine this weekend as well.

And it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. And we've been together for four years! As she said, four years "wasted" with nothing to show for. Ouch. However, I suspect we'll be in touch perhaps after 6 months or a year from now. We had common values, but our interests seemed to be on a different pages. We tried to make it work. Maybe we tried too hard to force something that never was there. But as rough as the departure was (tears and all), deep down we still care for each other.

Will we still be friends? I hope so. You can't be with someone for four years and not keep a piece of them in your heart.