Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-05-01, 23:04

I got my watch and love it. I'm totally with Robo in the "It's a watch" assessment. I want to say that it's underwhelming how great it is because right off the bat it offloaded a lot of the work I put my phone through. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome! It just isn't a mind blowing as I anticipated. It's more of a matter of fact thing. So the things I liked about the Watch when I posted about it here I really do like!

Here is a pic of it after getting out of the box. I don't mind sharing more if any are interested in seeing an unboxing, just let me know.

I don't talk much on my phone so I don't really have to suffer through many conversation on it. I have used my Watch to talk on the phone but the speaker is underpowered and it doesn't sound very loud or clear in my limited tests. I have an older pickup truck and the noise of the truck makes it hard to hear a conversation using the Watch. Plus, I feel like a dork talking to my wrist. It might work better in quiet environments but using it as a speakerphone in the car looks like it will be pretty limiting based on my one test. I'll try in my van that's much quieter and maybe my office too just for good measure.

I was a Fitbit user but now have moved almost completely to the Watch/Health.app. I still wear my Ultra overnight while sleeping to track my sleep though since the Watch doesn't do that and I don't want a phone under my pillow. I have another app that syncs the Fitbit data into Health so I don't manually have to log the sleep time. Plus when I wear the Fitbit at night and take steps it still logs those steps for me.

I haven't worn a watch in years so this is a renewed thing for me. I also moved my Watch to my right arm and have the crown on the left. This actually works really well for me. I wasn't sure if I would like it so after opening my Watch yesterday I wore it on my left arm like "normal". I really do like it better on my right arm so far.

I'm still getting used to using a crown to scroll, thankfully they let you scroll by moving your finger on the screen still. I'm sure I'll get used to it, just takes time I guess.

I got the 42mm SS with black rubber band. I actually really like the band. My plan was to get a new band later when after market ones come out but I'm not sure I'll do that at this point. I really like the feel of the black band, it's amazingly comfortable.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.