View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-10-04, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
It's glorious, Brad.

I was only up there for a few minutes since I wasn't sure if it was 'officially' open yet, but holy hell what fun. You're not kidding about getting turned around... Didn't find the transporter back down, but I noped out of the shuttle bay when the computer said I may have asploded a warp core.

709 popped the cheery already? I knew I should've posted as soon as I finished last night!

But yes. The Enterprise is officially open for visitors!! Be sure to bring lots of food, though, because getting around the ship can take a while even for me, and I (generally) know how to get around. Get used to seeing these "turbolift" corridors as you travel between sections of the ship. You wouldn't want to starve to death inside one of these:

Here's the new entrance, in the bay near the amusement park. As you approach the insignia, there's a button and trapdoor at the base. Press the button, and jump inside to be transported away!

What are some areas of interest?
  • main bridge
  • auxiliary bridge
  • 4 standard personnel transporter rooms (functional!)
  • 2 large evacuation transporter rooms (non-functional)
  • LOTS of crew quarters... I'm not going to attempt counting
  • LOTS of different labs, workshops, observation rooms, and offices
  • main engineering with warp core spanning many decks
  • torpedo bay with two launchers (functional!)
  • shuttlebay (with shuttlecraft Galileo, elevators, and storage decks)
  • cargo bay (as seen briefly in the first movie, it's huge!)
  • brig
  • sickbay complex
  • arboretum
  • "recreation deck" complex (large meeting area from ST:TMP)
  • weapons lockers room (inaccessible! you can look but not touch)
  • engineers dining mess

Good luck finding it all. I'd be curious if anyone makes a list and tries, though!

As Grey found out, there aren't any transporters back to the surface, but there are four transporter rooms that will take you to other places on the ship. The only way off the Enterprise today is to jump! You can exit through the open shuttlebay, as Grey did, or you can abandon ship through one if five port doors: 1 behind the main bridge, two on the side of the cargo bay, and two on the sides of the torpedo bay (near main engineering). I might try adding another transporter button somewhere or reprogram one of the existing four later, but for now WYSIWYG.

If you exit from the port behind the bridge, please be careful! At night, there are a few spots on the saucer top that spawn baddies. Back when we were using Bukkit, I had an anti-spawning protection area around the ship, but that's gone now...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.