View Single Post
AsLan^
Not a tame lion...

2007-02-05, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlostlove777 View Post
Instead of automatically the side something like a hotkey or you can set it as a mouse button(mighty mouse) or the sides, just like Dashboard. I think it would be a good addition. If you don't like it in no way would you be forced to do it, and surely some will live by it.
What I was trying to get at (and admittedly my example might not illustrate this correctly) was the idea of the Finder figuring out what you wanted to do and presenting you with the best interface for the job. It wouldn't be optional, it would just be the way you do it. I was hoping to speculate on which functions could benefit from a custom interface and what those interfaces could be. Even if we don't see this sort of thing in Leopard, I'm sure that this will become more popular as smaller devices like smart phones and tablet UMPCs eventually become useful for productivity and start to replace computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzer View Post
I like where you are coming from Aslan, and I can "see" it quite clearly in my head and how it should work. The idea of the entire screen turning into a finder window seems like a neat solution to a traditional style Finder/Explorer
Cheers I thought it was neat too! Not that it's entirely original though, I can't remember where but there is a demo of a similar concept somewhere else on the web. That demo basically has all your files on one big desktop that you can pan and zoom around on.

I think Apple is going to try and find some way to seriously differentiate OS X from Vista and desktop Linux so we might start to see radical changes such as more full screen interfaces. Which really isn't a bad thing... even if you are multi tasking, you can still only do one thing at a time and thus having specialized and intuitive interfaces for each task that swapped around on the fly should enhance your flow.