View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-02-03, 09:24

You forgot that he's carrying it with him ON A BIKE. It's not the weight, it's the size. A 15" won't easily fit in a small to medium sized backpack, but a 12" will easily. I'd be afraid of damaging a 15" if I were to carry it with me in my backpack.

The problem seems to be that you need portability and screen area over all else. That kind of makes it difficult, huh? You can connect the 12" to a large monitor at home, but while you're on the road you're stuck with the 1024x768 screen. Do keep in mind that OS X has Exposé, which is really good at managing windows. It won't give you more screen area, but it'll let you use what screen area you have more effectively. If you don't know how it works, basically it makes all the windows on the screen resize and move temporarily so you can see each one in its entirety, with no overlap. Then you can select the one to bring to the front and they snap back in place. It's great for dragging and dropping between applications and it makes even 1024x768 perfectly usable for OS X. You'll probably still feel cramped on a 12", though.