View Single Post
EDS66

2004-05-21, 00:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I don't think I ever said the Apple mouse is "ergonomically superior". I only said I prefer the little "pill shape", and constantly find myself going back to it.

I can't/won't dare speak for everyone, realizing differences in usage style, hand size, personal preference, budgets, needs, etc.

You call something "bunk", then 1-2 sentences later you qualify everything with a "in my opinion, of course" tag. Well, which is it?

Exactly...YOUR opinion.
Hey, I just think that using a one-button mouse these days is a little silly. Contextual menus are extremely important if you want to use the computer efficiently, and control clicking is just not the way to do it. That second mouse button is simply a must.

The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse is pretty dang good. Very quiet clicks, smooth wheel, and no drivers needed. I do quite a bit of basic Windows training, and I emphasize right clicking. Once PC users clue into the efficiencies the "right-click" brings to their workflows, they become giddy with glee.

We all need to start right-clicking on the Mac, dang it! It's high time we did. There is no argument anyone can make to convince me that a one-button mouse is in some way -- be it esthetic, ergonomic or whatever -- better than a three-button one.