View Single Post
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-12-19, 01:32

I recently dropped my phone. Open. It broke in half. When I say that, I mean the screen has been separated from the body of the phone. Now the body works and all, just no screen to show what's going on.... I have at least 80 cell phone numbers that seem to be used at least once (that's in a period of a year. I rarely use more than 200 minutes, which is pretty good for a teenager whose active in extracirriculars)! The first problem is that the people at the cell phone place said that there are several models of phones which they don't have the ability to salvage any data from... My phone happens to be one of those models. I'm thinking that's wrong since the phone I have is advertised as "buy our service and get x number of this kind of phone!" So that doesn't make me too frustrated since I just have to go to a high school function and ask for certain numbers.

My second issue is what kinda ticks me off. Months ago, my dad and I were at the mall. We have moved to a different town, and the service my phone currently uses doesn't work to well where we live so we want to switch providers. Well, the guy at the mall a few months back says that our service needs renewal in January. Well, the date of renewal (according to the representative of our service provider) is coming up in about 2 or so weeks. We were thinking that I'd just have to use my dad's phone for the time being, while he uses his work phone. Somehow, when my parents went into the store to see if there was any way of gathering the numbers off of my phone, the cell phone people said that our contract is up for renewal in March... They then said that it was last renewed in March of '04. Im-flippin'-possible. I distinctly remember being told by a different rep that my service was to be renewed in January not March. I wasn't with my parents today, but I'll be paying our cell phone service people a visit I think. I know that we didn't renew my service in March! Another reason I know that is because my parents have both moved on to a local provider here in town, and I'm the only one with this network...

What do I do when I visit our cell phone store next week? I know there's gotta be a way to make them let me renew/cancel (which is what's going to happen) my service in January w/o crazy costs... there just has to be! Any ideas on what to do here? Basically they told my parents that it's a personal problem and the only way to fix anything is to either buy a used phone which starts @ $128 (even though my phone mysteriously only costs $30 in the store) or get ANOTHER two year contract... This is really frustrating. What do I do?