View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-07-08, 01:41

That's for both the movie *and* the audience I saw it with.

I'll start with the theater. A neighbor told me about a place called the Alamo Drafthouse. Basically, dinner and a movie. The food wasn't bad (it wasn't great either) but the audience was quiet, and they don't allow kids under 6 in, so no screaming babies. Since everyone was eating, the crowd was pretty much shut up for the whole film.

'Scates, you'd love this theater.

Now, on to the film, which was very good. Certainly one of the best non-Pixar Disney films I've seen in a long time.

I'll just throw all of this into a spoiler tag. It's easier for me that way.

Spoiler (click to toggle):

At first I was confused as to which British guy was which. Maybe it would have helped if I'd rented the first movie so it'd be fresh in my mind, as I had some trouble remembering what happened to Notting-something-or-other. The addition of the East India Trading Company guy threw me off for a while, since at first I thought he was the Commodore.

Except for that, this was a great movie. I would easily shell out another $8 to see it again if I had any time in the next two weeks, even if just to catch a few bits I missed in the first viewing.

Keira Knightley was good.

I thought bringing back Barbossa was an interesting, though not altogether unexpected twist. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to bring back the Pearl in the next one. I wonder if we'll be seeing more of that mystic/psychic/witch girl, the one that was damn near impossible to understand? I'm guessing yes.

I can't wait for the next one.