Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-26, 14:20

I can see that being the case now, when things are so advanced and CGI is so good/clean. What about 15-20 years ago? At some point, there were a boatload of people using little white plastic iBooks well before they were known to the world. I doubt the capabilities of 2001-ish weren't up for for any digital replacement. They probably just told those kids the bare minimum and didn't play anything up to make them want to say anything. Plus, Apple wasn't the same 20 years ago like they are now.

20 years ago, most people not on sites like this couldn't have given less of a shit about the company and anything it did. I suppose that factored in some.

I'd love to hear the full scoop on this, how they go about those videos. Stand-in props CGI'd out in post, or do they just really have strong NDAs and do a solid job of vetting the crew and actors involved, choosing people they consider trustworthy and able to keep their mouths shut? Maybe a bit of both, who knows.

Because you couldn't hire just anyone for such a gig. Over-sharing is a thing, more than ever before. People will - and do - share anything and everything online, anonymously or otherwise.

I watched that video again. If those colored iMacs actually aren't in those scenes as they were filmed, that's pretty damn impressive work. Because it never occurred to me, until about 90 minutes or so ago, that they weren't.