Thread: Airpods Pro
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-08-29, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I hated the original AirPods. They never stayed in my ear. The AirPods Pro’s I have no issues with. I go running and ride my Peloton with them in.

Spatial Audio and Lossless with the AirPods Pro is an awesome experience.
I never tired the original AirPods, I knew I wouldn’t be happy with them since normal Apple earbuds always fell out after the design changed a number of years ago. The only thing I don’t care for about the pros is the glossy finish on the case, it attracts dust like a magnet, and I haven’t even had them 24 hours yet.

I have not used spatial audio, I wonder what it works with? I’ve not seen the option to use it, so either my devices are too old, or I’m not using the right sources. I know it’s only for video, but I assume it’s limited to Apple provided content (Apple TV+ and store purchases). I don’t get video content that way, so maybe I won’t benefit from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
As much as I listen to music and podcasts these days - and get that cord all snagged on myself - I should be a prime candidate for such a thing. I just can’t bring myself to may those prices. Maybe someday I will.
If the AirPods Pro’s were not nearly $100 off at Best Buy I might have been hesitant to try them, the less expensive earbuds are tempting, given how easily these wireless earbuds seem to get destroyed. The only downside to not buying direct from Apple is that you have to take them to an Apple store or call Apple to get AppleCare+. I think I’ll want it, given how easily my other pairs of buds half died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Glad you found them in a format and price point that suits your needs! I have friends who use far cheaper solutions and the difference in quality is astonishing.
The cheap earbuds with ceramic drivers do show the weakness of using plastic, it just doesn’t vibrate properly. I always got cheap ones because I used them at work, but I have a good over ear pair for that now, so the AirPods Pro’s are for recreational use only. Hopefully that will help them last till the batteries are dead.