Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-15, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Pretty simple and yet there is so much capability beyond that.
You could probably run the space program with a few dozen iPhones.

You always hear those stories - and I don't know how true/accurate they are - about the tech on the space shuttle and various satellites/space stations being a bit "old school" and basic. I always thought..."why? It's NASA, don't they have people to design/build better, more capable stuff? They're rocket scientists. Literally, no joke!"

I figure you could run a small island nation on an iPhone at this point, and certainly a medium-sized widget-making factory (toilet paper holders or fruit baskets).

When you think about the power we all carry around in our pockets every day - and often take for granted - it's truly Star Trek-level stuff. If someone from 1966 time-traveled to 2021, their poor head would explode.

"This stuff actually exists?!?"

Now for the fun part: imagine 40-50 years from now, seeing all we've seen in just the past 10 or so years. The things that we think - either limited by available tech or our imaginations - simply "aren't possible" in 2021 (the same way that guy from 1966 couldn't have imagined something like an iPhone).

Exactly.

Everything, and anything, is possible. Sometimes it's just a timing, or vision, issue.

But it all catches up and seems to work itself out.

You gotta take a bit of a Willy Wonka approach to this stuff.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-15 at 09:49.