View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-16, 10:50

It helps to just automatically discount/ignore 50% of any leak one sees online. The remaining 50%, consider the source, timing, history, etc. and temper your expectations accordingly. That's what I've done for ages...I don't trust my own eyes at this point. It's been ages (as in 15+ years) since I've truly been "taken"/disappointed by a leak that didn't pan out. At most I'll go "that looks pretty awesome; I hope that's what we get". And then write 80,000 words on why I think it will, or won't, happen.

Stuff is just too easy to fake/spread anymore. Plus, if Apple themselves are behind this in their efforts to ferret out the loose-lipped within the company or supply chain, then it ain't gonna be true anyway. And they certainly have the ability to conjure up convincing, photorealistic-as-can-be fakes of stuff that looks the part. And then have it "accidentally" wind up in the hands of those they have their suspicions about, and see if/where it winds up (rumor sites, a Prosser Tweet, etc.).

BUSTED! "Pack your stuff, big-mouth...you're fired!"

Anyone making any serious, real stock buying/selling, or purchase, decisions based on leaks deserves to be disappointed. At best, it's just something nice to think about/hope for.

Was there any blowback on the people who put these leaks out or championed them? At times like this, some people want blood.

"I sold my current Apple Watch - at a loss - because I thought this was getting released the other day! Motherf..."

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-16 at 11:05.