View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-25, 22:23

I haven't read any of Paul's stuff, yet. I'll wait until I get a chance to see the movie, and then decide if he's just a crotchety old hag, or a man on a righteous mission.

Either way, we all get an opinion. I know that Turtle loves 1-3, and I hate them. Both positions are okay. I think 1-3 are really brilliant uses of CGI and cinematography. Some of the scenes are exceptionally well conceived. Unfortunately, the story, dialogue, and acting all suck bananas.

I thought Episode 7 was a better movie than Episode 4, but 4 is still a better story, while Rogue One is the best of them all, and The Mandalorian is killing it!

8 is crap, no matter how you shake it.

I haven't seen 9, and still haven't read any spoilers (including Paul's rant above). I need to see it before I'll comment or read the details.

All that said, I'd ask that everyone keep it civil, don't get edgy with each other; just play nice. We all get different things out of these movies. Drew can watch the movie purely for entertainment, while Scates genuinely loves the story that is/was Star Wars and was hoping for something he felt was better conceived. Again, both ideas are okay. Did I mention I've still only seen 8 one time? It sucked so bad I just cannot bring myself to watch it again. I bet some of you have seen it several times. Excellent!

Just remember that we're all friends here.

Peace!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)