View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-31, 13:52

I'm convinced that the force healing thing is a direct result of (or in support of) Force McFrog's introduction of it. I'm OK with that. If anyone was watching The Mandalorian and then went into TROS, then there was an "aha!" moment that tied the stories and the power together. The "explanation" came from a different show. And, yes, I agree that a person shouldn't have to chase these explanations around for hours and through different shows, etc. I get it.

But it made it fun for me!

The other thing, could Palpatine return again? Of course. And I don't like that, nor do I think he is going to. I am also convinced that Rey wasn't entirely "dead" any more than a drowned person is entirely "dead". CPR can be used on a drowned person, and force healing can be used on a force-depleted person. I think. I guess. Hell, I don't know. But that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it like butter on a hot griddle!

As far as new "unexplained" powers cropping up, I'm pretty sure the only one I can remember ever getting an explanation was the Jedi mind trick, which Obi Wan explained in Episode IV. Was Palpatine's force lightning ever explained? No. He just had it. Was Jedi breath-holding ever explained before Obi Wan and Qui Gon used it in Episode I? No, they just had it. A lot of Jedi powers are never explained, they're just used and we go, "Whoa, that was cool!" I could make a case for all kinds of force powers that were just randomly dropped into these movies.

In IV-VI I accepted all kinds of unexplained things as canon because, well, they were unexplainable things. I have a much harder time with fuel and sea-monster milk than I do with random force powers.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)