View Single Post
NaMo4184

2005-06-09, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
IMO, this is exactly the kind of false statement that a lot of people are making. Apple make and sell good quality machines, then then support those machines with AppleCare etc (Let's not get into an AppleCare quality argument here - just stick to theory).

Now imagine that Apple plop OS X onto the shelf for any old Wintel user to grab and install on his PC. You are going to get a massive surge of people with cheap hardware (especially memory - as was discussed in another thread) calling AppleCare with their OS problems, which are not actually OS problems at all - in fact, they are not even Apple problems!

Then you will be back into the situation whereby the OS maker and the Hardware makers just blame each other when something doesn't work! I like the way Apple make and sell the OS and the Hardware - It keeps things neat and easy to support.
If something goes awry then its the hardware vendors fault. There is no apple care for non apple computers. Just good documentation from Apple.

Also I think that they should at least work with HP and corporate oriented hard ware makers. I read somewhere corporations tend to buy everything from one source. You don't want to try to switch a corporation by making them switch everything to apple hardware because that would make the entry price point too high to give apple a try.

John Coltrane's 'Giant Steps'