View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-01-30, 08:07

As an affirmed atheist, all this talk of god has me chuckling inside.

Take Freewell's post for instance:

Quote:
I like the simple summary I heard from a guest speaker years ago: "If you try to define God, you will lose your mind. If you deny Him, you will lose your soul. This is where faith comes in."

The enormity and complexity of God never ceases to amaze me. It is in my moments of attempting to absorb the magnitude of His existence, that I realize yet again what an exercise in futility it is for us, as created beings, to even begin to wrap our terminally finite minds around the omniscience of our Creator!
If you edit it like so, it actually makes reasoned sense:

I like the simple summary I heard from a guest speaker years ago: "If you try to define the Universe, you will lose your mind. If you ignore it, you will lose everything. This is where imagination comes in."

The enormity and complexity of the universe never ceases to amaze me. It is in my moments of attempting to absorb the magnitude of its existence, that I realize yet again what an exercise in futility it is for us, as sentient beings, to even begin to wrap our terminally finite minds around the infinity of our universe!

See... my edits don't use undefined terms like soul and god...

No offense implied in this post, and if you are offended, piss off.