Veteran Member

2006-05-15, 21:33

I'll reluctantly bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenerd
Constructive criticism.
Indeed.

Quote:
For example, after the feb 28 disaster you shut down all of the posts saying the event was passed.
Yes. The Feb. 28 event had passed by the time Brad locked the thread. That's usually par for the course at this site: threads relating to specific events (MWSF, etc.) are closed when the event itself ends. Any continuations--generally on the event's outcome or on specific products released--are resurrected in subsequent threads.

Quote:
This is such a controlled environment.
Moderated forums are, by definition.

Quote:
A forum as defined by wordnet (from princeton): a public meeting or assembly for open discussion. OPEN discussion.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Why are you shutting things down so often. I really don't understand it.
"So often"? Care to give us some numbers? Actually, the number of threads I've seen locked have been average in recent weeks.

Quote:
...but I am dissapointed at how quick people are to shut down forums.
I presume you mean "threads," not "forums." A define "quick"; the Feb. 28th thread you referred to above went on for a week.

Quote:
Someone out there agree's a little that too many threads are locked.
Who is this other person that agrees?

Quote:
The environment here is so controlled, brad could make us believe apple released its video ipod (uhoh, when they release that this thread may be outdated) by posting that and closing anything against it (a small exageration).
That's quite a leap from the Feb. 29th thread lock to the scenario you outline. The exaggeration is certainly not small.

And why always point out Brad? Why not the "mods" or "admins"? It isn't as if their actions here must be rubberstamped by Brad before taking effect.

Quote:
I really think this site could be more pleasant.
It is already, and quite so.

Quote:
(...just tear me and my good friend badBrad apart).
Ah, there's the answer to one of my earlier questions.