View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-06-12, 15:03

I agree. If the price of the item itself (and/or some weirdo, forced data/calling plans) doesn't sink this, it stands to be...well, the iPod of cell phones.

Who wouldn't want one? The hardcore geeks and tech monkeys will always find something to not like (just like those who won't buy an iPod because it doesn't support some obscure, silly-ass audio format that 18 people on the planet use). But for 90% of us, the iPhone is nicer than anything we could ever imagine. And it doesn't seem as though they could've made it any more straightforward and simple to understand and use! Can't wait to see one in real life and try it out.

Give me that interface and design over one of those "smart phones" with 36 tiny buttons all over it...

Still so much we don't know, in terms of pricing and contracts and stuff like that. I'm hoping it comes out with some sort of rebate/discount...who in the hell has $599 to throw on something like this? I'll gladly sign a multi-year contract with Cingular (AT&T) as I'm with them already and happy, if it knocks a few bucks off this thing.

As much as I want to, I won't be one of those June 29 buyers...I'll make myself wait at least 2-4 weeks, I think, just to see what's what and hear some "real world" reviews and opinions. But barring any massive Zune-like "WTF?!? This thing sucks!" fallout/response, I see me having one come August.

I'm hoping, in the weeks leading up to its release, more concrete info regarding specs, pricing, plans, technical details, etc. make their way out (officially, via Apple and AT&T, not the usual bullcrap, unbelievable "rumors").