View Single Post
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2010-02-02, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
• When I first started retweeting things, I had an opportunity to add a few words to the retweet before submitting it. IOW the retweet text would show up in my text field, but not submitted yet.

Now all my retweets just feed in automatically and I have no chance to add any thought, forcing me to write another post. Any idea what's happening there?
That's related to the new way that Twitter handles retweets. When retweeting using the twitter.com system, that seems to be the practice (in my quick experiment just now). Though, when using a third party client you can still add additional information, thoughts, etc provided the 140 character rule.

Quote:
• Related; are retweets supposed to show up on your Home follow page? I guess only if the person you retweeted is following you, right?
I'm not sure I follow. You mean if I retweet you, will it show up on my home page? In that case yes, but, because of the new system, it will appear that you made the comment as Twitter is basically crediting the original poster with all retweets now -- at least those done using the twitter.com homepage system.

Quote:
• What's with lists... that's just for me to categorize who I'm following right? Does it make any sense to add myself to lists / can other people follow my list?
Lists are a way for you to categorize the people you follow. Some common lists I've seen people have are things like Friends, Celebrities, News Feeds, Business Contacts, etc. When a list is created a special feed with all the tweets from just those people are created and it's given an address of twitter.com/username/listname. Once it's created, people can then choose to follow that particular list. In my experience it's not very popular at all. People like to create lists for their own sake, but they don't tend to be followed by anyone. But, as with everything related to twitter, it is what you want it to be. So make it and use it however works best for you.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter