View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-02, 13:53

At first I thought that black-robed woman in the trailers was Dawson/Ahsoka (kinda looked like her), but I see recently where it's not. She didn't have the facial markings, which should've been my first clue.

Yeah, while I'm not super familiar with that character (I never really watched/followed the animated stuff), I'm familiar and fully aware of what Rosario Dawson does to me, so...

She's so pretty, it hurts.

I'm sure they'll spend a few minutes explaining all that sarlacc business...either just spoken, or accompanied by some cool visuals/flashback. I think it would be cool if we saw him flying out, soon after the barge exploded, and you see the dust trail of that escaping skiff(?) with our heroes on it, way off in the distance. To give you an idea of "oh wow, he wasn't in there long at all, as it turns out...".

But maybe it works better if he was in there for a while...long enough to get scared, re-examine his life/choices, etc.?

I don't know. It would be cool to see that barge explode, but from another angle/point of view? From down below, inside the pit, the sound/light of it all, the debris cascading down and injuring the creature, etc., helping to explain how he made it out?

Stuff like this that gives a new perspective/take on existing scenes, I kinda like. As when the Marshal saw that holograph of the Death Star exploding...was that broadcast out on Space CNN the day it happened? Were there news ships stationed around Yavin, filming the battle and broadcasting what was going on? I thought that was a neat touch, but then it made me chuckle and start to think... "wait a minute...how was that captured/broadcast?!"

I thought a ground shot, looking up into the atmosphere, would've been cool (and made a little more sense)...seeing the rings go out as viewed from Yavin's surface (one of those guys in the tower with his iPhone).

PS - According to IMDb, there are eight episodes with the final airing on December 18. Would be nice if there were no filler ones...all TV shows are guilty of this, due to various reasons. But, with only eight episodes in a run, it would be great if this was just wall-to-wall story/progress and no detours or "nothing really happened on this one, maybe next week picks back up...". I hate feeling that, on the handful of TV shows I've tried to follow over the past 5-8 years (I mostly just bail, halfway into a season...Agents of Shield, those dipshits on motorcycles, etc. I managed to (mostly) stick with Justified, which is why I loved seeing that helmet come off and there was Timothy Olyphant acting like...well, space Raylan Givens.

It's kinda why I've backed off TV/shows in general. The last thing I watched/followed was Bates Motel, but it got sillier/more over-the-top/campy as it went on, and I didn't even stick around for the final season (which is probably where everything paid off and led to the movie?). I am following Better Call Saul, but hell...there are such long gaps between its seasons 18+ months, that it's hard to remember/care about all that happened before.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-02 at 14:06.